The Planner will allocate and manage the budget for product categories by understanding the stock budget and inflow plan and the range build and sales results. You will be conducting continuous analyses, provide support to the Buying Team and ensure best practices for assortment planning is adhered to.
- Degree in Business or Finance (or related)
- At least 3 years of retail demand planning experience, inventory management, allocation or replenishment experience, financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Experience in influencing decision-makers
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications
Skills and competencies:
- Good understanding of planning and the logistics process relating to product
- Sound analytical, organizing, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Fashion insights as well as clothing manufacturing and supply understanding
- Strong affiliation to systems, utilising them to increase productivity in line with the business strategy
- Competency in all computer packages, i.e. Outlook, Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, Internet
- Strong analytical mind
- Ability to make suggestions and have a trader’s instinct
- Ability to work as part of a team
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct an analysis on product sales by category, price, point, color, style, length, etc. collated detailed information and make proposals for a particular area and present to planning manager.
- Share information with buyers to enhance strategy and product selection. Analyze aging/exit strategies.
- Analyze inventory productivity and recommend adjustment to business trends
- Provide analysis and research to support the creation of assortment and buy plans.
- Provide pertinent feedback and support the development of product categories.
- Guide micro merchandising strategies to optimally incorporate Spree Shop profile into the assortment.
- Ensures best practices for assortment planning and makes recommendations to support allocation strategies. Build ideal buy plans per month based on topline targets. Provide analyses and research to support the creation of assortment and buying plans.
- Split assortment into ideal contribution of percentages per product and price category.
- Rebalance according to sales/ideal plan every 2 weeks n conjunction with buyers.
- Open-to-buy monitoring
- Evaluate purchase order placement activity as well as revisions made to purchase orders via assortment plan.
- Planner assists with suggestions on building and developing a planning system and critical path.
- Manage markdowns by doing analyses for area and collates a proposal for revision.