Main purpose of the role:To maintain the integrity of the financial accounting function within the division in accordance with sound accounting practices, company policy and legislative requirements.
- Appropriate accounting qualification or studying towards a relevant accounting qualification
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proficiency in SAP would be an advantage
(The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Required to setup and process journals correctly and accurately on SAP for month end reporting with supporting documentation and schedules.
- All Accruals and Prepayments needs to be considered at month end.
- Liaise with the necessary departments to ensure that all invoices are taken into account for the respective month end.
- Review general ledger accounts to ensure all Income and Expenses are allocated correctly to the respective GL accounts and Cost Centres.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations accurately and on time.
- Approval relating to supplier invoices through the procurement portal
- Setting up and submitting of all Foreign payments and liaising with the necessary departments regarding any queries.
- Ensure that all year-end schedules are completed to deadline and that all information is correct and balances to the ledger;
- Assist the internal and external auditors with information and schedules as required.
- Assist the finance team with ad-hoc queries.
Skills and competencies:
(The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Attention to detail
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Analytical thinking